Recently I was upgrading a vCenter 6.0 U2 to 6.5, and after successfully upgrading the external PSC, the process failed at the vCenter. After some troubleshooting, I found out that I needed to add the user to the “Replace a Process Level Token” attribute under the Local Security Policy. You can find the Microsoft documentation here. The process is simple:
- Login into the vCenter Windows Server with your Administrator account.
- Open the Control Panel and click the Administrative Tools.
- Browse to and double click the Local Security Policy and then expand the Local Policies.
- Click on User Rights Assignment and open the Replace a Process Level Token attribute.
5. Click the Add User or Group button to add the service account.