Explain the purpose use and benefits of:
BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) is a flexible, high-performance access and security solution that provides unified global access to your applications and network. By converging and consolidating remote access, LAN access, and wireless connections within a single management interface, and providing easy-to-manage access policies, BIG-IP APM helps you free up valuable IT resources and scale cost-effectively
- Provide unified global access
- Consolidate and simplify
- Centralize access control
- Ensure superior access and endpoint security
- Obtain flexibility, high performance, and scalability
F5 BIG-IP® Application Security Manager™ (ASM) is a flexible web application firewall that secures web applications in traditional, virtual, and private cloud environments. BIG-IP ASM helps secure applications against unknown vulnerabilities, and enables compliance for key regulatory mandates. BIG-IP ASM is a key part of the F5 application delivery firewall solution, which consolidates traffic management, network firewall, application access, DDoS protection, SSL inspection, and DNS security.
- Ensure app security and availability
- Reduce costs and enable compliance
- Get out-of-the-box app security policies
- Improve app security and performance
- Deploy flexibly and incorporate external intelligence
- Deliver applications rapidly and reliably
- Customize and automate with programmable infrastructure
- Transition to SDN and cloud networks
- Easily deploy and manage applications
- Secure your critical applications
F5® BIG-IP® Global Traffic Manager™ (GTM) distributes DNS and user application requests based on business policies, data center and network conditions, user location, and application performance. BIG-IP GTM delivers F5’s high-performance DNS Services with visibility, reporting, and analysis; scales and secures DNS responses geographically to survive DDoS attacks; delivers a complete, real-time DNSSEC solution; and ensures global application high availability.
- Scale DNS to more than 10 million RPS with a fully-loaded chassis
- Gain control and secure global application delivery
- Improve application performance
- Deploy flexibly, scale as you grow, and manage your network efficiently
F5® Enterprise Manager™ significantly reduces the cost and complexity of managing multiple F5 devices. You gain a single-pane view of your entire application delivery infrastructure and the tools you need to automate common tasks, ensure optimized application performance, and improve budgeting and forecasting to meet changing business needs. Enterprise Manager is available as a physical or virtual edition.
- Ensure optimized performance
Get an up-to-date, comprehensive view of application traffic and device performance. Set thresholds and alerts to react quickly to changing network conditions and user demands.
- Reduce TCO through automation
Use a single interface to automate common operational tasks for your F5 devices, reducing total cost of ownership and OpEx.
- Improve budgeting and forecasting
Use 160 customizable metrics to gain complete visibility into your application delivery infrastructure over time and improve planning and budgeting for future projects.
- Troubleshoot more effectively
Quickly isolate application performance and traffic management problems to minimize the effect on your business.
- Gain flexibility
Deploy according to your business needs with the flexibility of physical and virtual Enterprise Manager editions
WA (Web Accelerator)
BIG-IP® WebAccelerator™ automates web performance optimization, to instantly improve performance for end users and help you reduce costs. By offloading your network and servers, BIG-IP WebAccelerator decreases your spending on additional bandwidth and hardware. Users get fast access to applications, and you gain greater revenue and free up IT resources for other strategic projects.
WA Key benefits
- Improve user experience and revenue
Reduce frustration for employees and consumers using your site with fast apps, and pave the way for higher productivity and sales.
- Deploy according to your business needs
Improve asymmetric deployment performance by 2x to 5x, and symmetric deployment by up to 10x.
- Reduce costs
Reduce the number of application servers required with SSL offload, compression offload, and caching—and save both CapEx and OpEx.
- Optimize server and bandwidth usage
Extend server capacity and reduce bandwidth usage to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Simplify deployment and management
Use pre-defined policies for apps such as SharePoint, SAP Portal, Oracle Portal, E-business Suite 11/12, Siebel CRM, and more to simplify configuration.
- Boost performance of mobile apps
Apply front-end optimization techniques to overcome the unique app delivery challenges of mobile devices.
WOM (Wan Optimization)
F5® BIG-IP® WAN Optimization Module™ (WOM) compresses, deduplicates, and encrypts data between two data centers. When used in conjunction with Oracle Data Guard, BIG-IP WOM improves the performance of replication while enabling the secure transfer of data within your database management system (DBMS). The more latency, congestion, and packet loss your connection suffers from, the more BIG-IP WOM improves your replication environment.
• TCP Optimization—Cut down on the overhead inherent in TCP to speed replication
• Rate Shaping—Set limits for how much and how little bandwidth Data Guard should receive
• Compression—Send compressed versions of data over the WAN to reduce bandwidth
• Deduplication—Send each distinct bit of data only once with advanced deduplication technology
• Increase Performance—Improve RPOs and RTOs by reducing data replication lag
• Increase Efficiency—Maximize bandwidth utilization
• Cost Savings—Reduce WAN costs and offload CPU-intensive processes from servers
• Improve Security—Encrypt SQL transactions over the WAN
- Reduce storage costs
- Optimize backups
- Maximize value of existing storage
- Simplify management
- Improve flexibility and choice